To choose the best day and time to send a campaign is difficult because ideal sending times vary between industries and lists, and may also depend on the segment of a list you’re sending to. Almost everybody’s had the experience of sending off an important, timely email, then hearing nothing back for days at a time, or nothing at all. It can be an incredibly frustrating experience. Despite the marketing and PR world’s love affair with social media, email remains a key component of any media relations or marketing campaign. Plus, it’s the primary way agencies and clients stay in touch. Whether we like it or not, email isn’t going anywhere, at least not in the near future.
BEST TIME TO SEND AN EMAIL:
- Great chance to be opened: 23.63 percent of all emails are opened within the first hour; that number drops off precipitously as the hours tick.
- Week Days More Preferable : More emails are sent during the week than on weekends, with Tuesday and Thursday being the highest volume days. Changing which day you send your emails may improve your open and click rates
- Within A Day Best time duration: From 8 A.M to 12 P.M
- Emails during working (non-festive) season have high chance of success
THE WORST TIME TO SEND EMAILS:
- Worst chance to be opened: From 8 PM to 12 AM
- Weekend days are least preferable: Least emails are sent during the weekends than on week days, with Saturday and Sunday being the highest volume days.
- Emails during Festive season (vacation) having less chance of success.
- Get chance to be opened: If an email could not be open within 16 hours, there will be great chance of failure.