By definition, email spam is any email that meets the following 3 criteria:
- ANONYMITY: The address or identity of the sender is hidden.
- MASS MAILING: The email is sent to large groups of people ·
- UNSOLICITED: Not requested by the recipients .
Why Spam is dangerous? Following are the reasons why spam is dangerous for your marketing-
1. Most Spasm is Porn or Scams:
A survey performed by http://ChooseYourMail.com indicates that:
- 30 percent of all spam is pornographic having adult content.
- Nearly 30 percent promotes a get-rich scheme.
2 Financial and Privacy Risks:
- Most spam email is designed to solicit financial data such as credit card numbers or personal data such as a Social Security Number from users.
- That data can then be used for identity theft, credit card fraud, and other crimes.
- The spammer losses credibility with customers and other businesses.
- If you spam, you are choosing to stand shoulder to shoulder with thieves and frauds.
4. May lose your internet service:
- The spammer can lose their Internet service.
- They can even be blacklisted, preventing them from acquiring a new ISP.
5. Wastes of Resources:
- It wastes people’s time.
- This costs the world economy billions of dollars per year in lost productivity.