And with email marketing, you don’t have to worry about policy changes and arbitrary interpretations, like those of social networks.Here are the five things to integrate social media in Email marketing:
1. Announce social contests or discounts via email: Contests and incentives can effectively turn email subscribers into social participants. Tell your email list about it. Or, on Facebook, offer a discount in exchange for a Like, making sure to keep your email subscribers in the loop.
2. Put social media icons in your emails: Email and social are worlds apart in terms of interface. Social media icons are an easy way to shorten the distance between these two worlds for users. Make these icons part of your email templates so they go out in each message.
3. Put an opt-in form on Facebook: Put an opt-in form right on your Facebook page. On other social networks, link to an opt-in form you host on your own site. You can also run an email marketing campaign specific to a particular social network.
4. Create social-exclusive content: Create a social media content series exclusive to a single network. For example, create a series of tips for Twitter or a step-by-step sequence of images for Pinterest. Demonstrate a problem or need to your email list which only that content series will solve.
5. Avoid using different voices: Keep a focused and consistent message across your email, social networks, website, and blog. Tell the same story everywhere, and speak in the same voice to avoid coming across as having multiple personalities. Maintain a single content calendar for all social media channels.