We at Sales-Push.Com have written a lot of posts that deal with email marketing tips
and tricks for your email marketing success. We thought it would be a great idea to compile some stats statically facts and figures, tips and suggestions in one post for your reading pleasure.
Here are some statistics and studies that agree with my feelings about the future of email marketing:
- As of 2013, there are nearly 3.9 billion email accounts worldwide, with that number expected to increase to 4.9 billion by the end of 2017.
- 247 billion emails are sent every day. This equates to one email every 0.00000035 seconds.
- For every $1 spent on email marketing, the average return is $44.25.
- On average, subscribers receive 416 commercial messages a month. (According to Return Path)
- According to eMarketer, there will be around 236.8 million US email users by 2017.
- Worldwide, market research firm The Radicati Group forecasts the email audience will grow from 2.42 billion this year to 2.76 billion by 2017.
- Purpose of email marketing programs according to UK brand marketers? 78% said retention.
- 64% of decision-makers read their email via mobile devices.
- 89% percent of UK brand marketers polled by the UK’s Direct Marketing Association (DMA) in December 2012 said the email was important to their business strategies.
- For every $1 spent, $44.25 is the average return on email marketing investment.