1. WHAT IS YOUR NEED????
Start with understanding the basics of your email needs.
- What is the size of your database
- How frequently are you emailing?
- What is your average number of emails you sent in a month?
2. CUSTOMER SUPPORT SERVICE:
- Customer support and service ethics have become a better gauge of esp quality
- In fact, have become the No.1 reason companies decide to switch vendors.
3. USABILITY :
- An ESP platform’s power is only as good as your organization’s ability and willingness to use it.
- If your staff finds it difficult to use, they will not use it effectively.
- On the other hand, if they find it easy to use, they will take advantage of all its powerful functionality to produce the best campaigns.
4. CROSS-PLATFORM INTEGRITY:
- Today between 30 percent and 50 percent of email is opened using a mobile device.
- Your ESP must be able to help you easily optimize your users’ experience.
5. SOCIAL MEDIA INTEGRITY:
- Your ESP must be able to help you manage your organization’s social presence and gather actionable data for use in email marketing.
- Social media is an effective way for small businesses to connect with customers.
6. DELIVERABILITY :
- Remember, any email not delivered is a lost opportunity for a sale and many factors are working against you.
7. USER’S REVIEWS:
- Ask for references from both current customers and those who have switched to a different vendor.
- In-depth knowledge about ESP provider.