That’s a lot of competition. To give yourself the best chance of cutting through with your email marketing you need to send emails your customers love.
By thinking about each customer’s current relationship with your business you can send emails each individual customer will find relevant.
Here are six ways you can send emails your customers will love:
1. Segment Your User: The most obvious place to start in order to send emails your customers want to see is segmentation. Don’t send everyone the same thing! This sounds obvious but very few businesses take the time to do any segmentation at all.
2. Set up an automated campaign: Automated emails give you the power to personalize in a way you simply cannot recreate manually. Below are a few examples of quality automated emails that show their power:
- A founder sending an email within an hour of a customer signing up.
- Use a simple, personal question-and-answer style format to make sure the email is helpful.
3. Send from YOUR email address: There is to use a no reply email address for a marketing email. Even if you’re sending the email to hundreds of thousands of people you can use an address like ‘email@example.com’ or ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
4. Run a simple A/B Test: The value of a simple A/B test can be very powerful stuff. With a few extra hours work (or even less) you can find some permanent ways to send emails your customers love.
5. Simplify Your Copy: Review your emails properly before you send them! Focus your emails with consistent, well-written content (take your time) and repeat your single call to action (CTA).
6. Give away your knowledge for free: Give away as much information as you can to your customers. HELP them by teaching and they’ll love you for it.