If you want to be a successful email marketer, it’s essential that subscribers open your messages. After all, if your audience isn’t opening your emails, it’s impossible for them to take action, such as clicking through to your website or making a purchase.
But how do you keep them opening your emails on a regular basis?
There are four primary ways:
1.Word the Subject Line Wisely:
Along with the first paragraph of the email, your subject line is crucial in getting your recipient to act. A properly worded subject line has three purposes: –
- It grabs the reader’s attention within a split second.
- It describes the action you want the reader to take.
- It makes the message easier to refer back to, or search for.
2. Save them money: For your own marketing emails, test different types of offers. Sometimes free shipping can be more effective than a percentage discount. Other times, a dollar amount savings may work best. Try a subject line split test to see what resonates most with your audience.
3. Solve the Problem: If customers knew that your email newsletter often had problem solving ideas do you think they would be more apt to subscribe to it?
Develop a reputation with your reader base that shows them you are a frequent problem-solver and they will incorporate your business with trust.
4. Make them Smarter: Consumers like to feel that they are learning something or being empowered. If your emails can achieve this goal you find that your reader base is more prone to opening and responding to your message.